Strategy, Policy and Information Service
The Strategy, Policy and Information Service (formerly RIU) was formed in November 2005 and is a stand-alone unit providing an independent service to the University.
Our aim is to inform university policy and practice by providing evidence in support of policy and management decisions, this may include information about:
- student recruitment, progression, achievement, satisfaction and learning experiences,
- the quality and performance of academic programmes,
- strategic planning and re-positioning,
- assessing the effects of university policies, for example, variable fees, and
- to support large scale development and change, for example, re-branding and the new course portfolio.
What we do
SPIS functions as a proactive research unit addressing the needs of the various faculties and services of Southampton Solent University. Our role is to:
Briefings on information requirements
SPIS is responsible for facilitating and organising briefings on information requirements for Teaching Quality Information (TQI) and for Institutional Audit.
Information on quality and standards in higher education, Final guidance - HEFCE 2003/51, which can be downloaded from the publications section of HEFCE site at www.hefce.ac.uk, contains details of the information which all higher education institutions (HEI) are now required to make available publicly on the national TQI website, as well as the information which should be available in all HEIs.
Audit teams for institutional audit will require access to both sets of information.