Professional facilities with expert support to help you understand human behaviour
The UX lab is a usability testing facility based at Southampton Solent University.
The lab is available for commercial and academic projects with services such as usability testing, observation, and evaluation. With the use of the world’s top eye tracking device, Tobii, we provide customised services and flexible fees to meet your budget.
Why choose us?
- + Gain early user feedback, helping you to focus on the right issues.
- + Obtain walkthrough user evaluation.
- + Have complete coverage of test users and target software during testing.
- + Observe participant behaviour during focus groups.
- + Control the testing environment, screens and all equipment.
- + Gain real-time viewing of what the users are seeing and how they are responding.
- + Obtain in-depth, post-test analysis of user responses, including eye tracking data on areas of the screen viewed, for how long, and locations avoided.
Services we provide
Our expert team is made up of staff, students and graduates
Dr. Mohammed Al-Husban
Who we've worked with
Adrian Durrow, Founder and MD
“I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending the fantastic usability labs at Southampton Solent University. We used the labs to conduct eye tracking research for a major UK high street retailer, and we uncovered some amazing insight into fixation points on email and display advertising. Not only were the research and technical teams extremely helpful in setting up and facilitating our research, but they also provided great support in planning and methodology.”
Paul Davies, Design Psychologist
"Using the Solent University labs allowed us to quickly validate our online flows with ease, and base iterations on knowledge rather than guesswork. The facilities they offered were top notch, with eye tracking and double room setups, and their team graciously looked after us along the way.”
Guy Stradling, Digital Director
“Making tasks easy and intuitive is a necessary part of what we do. For our clients, on a project-by-project basis, we choose the methods and tests that fit our clients’ needs and budgets. Our clients’ customers are national and international, so it’s more effective to have relationships with quality labs like Southampton Solent University. With expert technicians and the ability to recruit participants quickly, we have successfully run a number of usability, UX and CRO tasks by analysing attitudinal and behavioural data for the likes of John Lewis, Westfield and Kenwood.”
Hire our UX lab today
Tel: 023 8201 3942 | Email: email@example.com