Product design and manufacture
A number of software suites can be utilised to create and modify product or part designs. Drawings and visualisations as well as IGES files can be created.
FRP composite workshop
This consists of:
- Twelve workstations for specialised, advanced composite building methods
- Wet lay vacuum bagging for single project or short product run construction methods using male/female mould tools
- Resin infusion for in-mould production using female tooling
- Pre-impregnated fibre construction for female tooling requiring elevated temperature
- Repair methods for each of the above.
Download the Advanced Composites Laboratory leaflet
For more details on these facilities, please contact Sue Bowles: