Support for start-ups
At Southampton Solent University we’re dedicated to the development of enterprise skills in our students.
We want students from all backgrounds and disciplines to feel confident about their future, be it self-employment, employment, volunteering or further education.
We aim to provide our students with enterprise opportunities and to help them gain real life experience and confidence.
Solent’s Student Enterprise programmes aim to submerge students into the real life experience of working on their own business idea or tackling a real life business challenge.
This experiential learning helps students develop skills relevant to the business world. Their experience is supported by mentoring, funding and supervision from the University’s Student Enterprise team and relevant academic staff.
Solent students or recent graduates have the opportunity to get involved in programmes that include:
- Business start-up training scheme
- Business start-up funding
- ‘Apprentice’ style competition
- One-to-one mentoring support for your idea
- Entrepreneurial guest speakers as part of our student entrepreneurs’ society ‘Solent Sparks’
- Business games and simulations
- Office space (subject to availability).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.