Postgraduate research student community
We have an active and thriving research community with an increasing number of students. Research at the university is often applied and designed to meet the needs of industry and commerce. Our students develop personally and professionally in a supportive community with full access to the university’s facilities in addition to those in our dedicated faculty research centres. They pursue a highly focused topic, becoming genuinely expert in their domain of study and acquiring the necessary set of appropriate research methods and skills.
Meet some of our students:
- Russell Richards, "Responsive Environments: Designing and Locating Interactions"
- David Oakley, “Occupancy based analysis of the Weasel (Mustela nivalis) and Stoat (Mustela ermenia)"
- Stuart Joy, “Reconfiguring the past and interpreting the future”
- Lesley MacDonald, "'Food miles’ and food sustainability for grocery retailers"
- James Steele, "Research to advance knowledge on the treatment of chronic lower back pain"