Apply for a scholarship
Performance sport programme at Solent
Southampton Solent University offers a comprehensive performance sport programme of an excellent standard based on students’ sporting talent and potential. The programme aims at helping student to balance their university career whilst competing on the national and international stage. Athletes applying for the performance sport programme can qualify for a sport scholarship or the High Performance Academy.
Scholarships are awarded to athletes competing in a variety of sports at national level and above including – but not exclusively - basketball, cricket, football and sailing. As a scholar, you will receive financial assistance towards academic fees and take advantage of a support package worth up to £2,500.
Academic fees are covered at 100% or 50% by the University for each successful applicant:
|Undergraduate ||Postgraduate |
|Year 1: 100%
||Year 1: 100%
|Year 2: 50%
||Year 2: 50%
|Year 3: 50%
High Performance Academy
The High Performance Academy provides financial and mentoring support to assist student athletes in reaching their full sporting potential. Successful applicants will receive a support package worth up to £2,500.
The support package is delivered by a dedicated team of individuals who are fully committed to our athletes’ development and sporting success. It includes:
- Lifestyle support and personal mentoring.
- Discount on halls accommodation for selected members.
- One-to-one strength and conditioning training sessions.
- Physiotherapy treatments.
- Free use of Solent Sport facilities.
- Free club membership.
- High performance workshops (i.e. nutrition, media, training, time management).
- Additional funding to compete at international events (where applicable)
- Sport science support (i.e. fitness testing).
The minimum requirements for entry in to our performance sport programme are:
- Applicants must be full-time or part-time undergraduates, or postgraduate students.
- Applicants must have an outstanding ability in a particular sport.
- Applicants must compete at a national or international level (junior or senior), or show strong evidence of the potential to do so.
Please read the athletes agreement before beginning your application for the performance sport programme.