EU student funding

If you are a student from an EU country, you may be eligible for:

For further information, please contact the EU Team on +44 1412 433 570 or email| 

Are you eligible for full UK funding?

Some EU and Swiss worker students may be able to take out full UK government student funding|. This would mean being classed as an EU migrant worker|. However, this is subject to many criteria and strict residency regulations. Please seek advice through the University's student funding team| or UKCISA| before applying.

You can read our leaflet on EU funding| which will give you information on migrant worker status. 

If you are classed as an EU migrant worker or Swiss worker and have your full student funding you may then be eligible to apply to the University's access fund| - a non-repayable grant.

Part-time EU students:

New EU part-time entrants in 2014 can apply for:

  • Part-time tuition fee loan (repayable) by completing the EUPTL1 form and reading the guidance notes.

Returning EU part-time students in 2014 can apply on:

Pre-2012 EU part-time students can receive in 2014:

  • a fee grant (non-repayable) to help with the costs of their tuition fees.

Forms available from summer 2014.