Study skills support - Succeed@Solent
When you first come to university - whether from school, college or the workplace - you may find there are lots of things you are expected to do that you've never done before. For instance, have you ever:
- given a presentation in front of an audience, using presentation slides?
- used referencing to show the source of ideas and theory in your work?
- applied critical thinking?
- carried out academic research?
At university there are higher expectations of the quality, structure, presentation and content of assignments, essays, and projects.
It may seem a daunting prospect, but at Southampton Solent University you'll find expert advice on hand to help you use academic skills to achieve better grades, get the most out of the University learning experience, and reach your full potential.
Here to help
All students at Southampton Solent University can access Succeed@Solent, the University's online guide to getting better grades. It offers extensive, practical online tutorials on topics such as academic writing, research and giving presentations, as well as providing face-to-face support and encouragement.
- access online tutorials developed specifically with Solent University students in mind.
- gain academic and life skills, presented through interactive content, quizzes and videos.
- download invaluable resources, including essay templates, a quick-reference guide to sources, a video demonstration of how to give a really good presentation.
- read guides on a wide and growing range of topics, including:
- succeed@using feedback
- Induction essentials.