Employers will be expected to enter into a formal contract with the University and support employees fully throughout their construction apprenticeship. This includes allowing day release for the course and paying contributions towards tuition costs and professional body membership fees alongside the employee’s normal wage.
Under the August 2016 funding proposals, post levy (from May 2017) levy paying employers (businesses with an annual payroll >£3million) will be able to use funds accrued in their digital levy account for payment of the training drawn from the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers.
Non-levy paying business, or those business that need to supplement their digital levy account will need to co-invest 10 per cent of the cost of the training with the government to pay the remaining 90 per cent.
Please see the relevant course pages, linked at the top of this page, for specific fee information.
An Edexcel registration fee will be payable in the first year. As a guide, the 2016-17 fee was £168.60.
Construction apprentices are also expected to purchase sturdy work boots. These can range from £30 - £100.
Information for employers
Graduation is the ceremony to celebrate the achievements of your studies. For graduates in 2017, there is no charge to attend graduation, but you will be required to pay for the rental of your academic gown (approximately £42 per graduate, depending on your award). You may also wish to purchase official photography packages, which range in price from £15 to £200+. Graduation is not compulsory, so if you prefer to have your award sent to you, there is no cost.