This one-day event aims to investigate different forms of discrimination across a multitude of sports and a broad range of academic fields.
Themes include the nature of discrimination in contemporary sport, how this affects people’s experiences of sport, what action can be taken to facilitate change, and what barriers exist preventing change.
Download the programme of events
The conference welcomes and encourages submissions from academics, postgraduates, policy maker and practitioners who wish to present papers making empirical, conceptual and theoretical contributions.
Proposals for 20-minute presentations should include:
- Abstract (250 words)
- Name and institutional affiliation of the presenter
- Concise biography (100 words).
Submission deadline: Friday 31 May 2019
- £75 for academics
- £25 for postgraduates and undergraduates
An online registration page will be available soon.
- February: Call for papers
- 31 May: Deadline for the submission of paper abstracts
- 7 June: Notification of acceptance
- 4 September: Conference