Southampton Solent University encourages the development of local elite athletes aged 12 to 18 years through our Southampton Talented Athlete Scheme (STAS), which is supported by Southampton City Council.
Support begins at county level and continues through to athletes competing on the international stage.
We offer the following services as part of the scheme:
- Strength and conditioning training sessions.
- Physiotherapy treatments.
- Athlete development workshops.
- Free use of all Solent Sport facilities.
- Sport Science support (annual testing and sports nutrition advice).
- Free First Bus pass.
- Access to various external sports facilities in Southampton.
Who can apply to STAS?
To be eligible to apply to the scheme, you must meet the following criteria:
- Live in Southampton.
- Be aged between 12-18 years.
- Have a national/international ranking, or be in the top 20 ranking within your age group.
- Compete in a sport recognised by UK Sport and Sport England.
Enrol for the 2015/16 academic year
Download the Southampton Talented Athlete Scheme 2015/16 application form
Please complete the form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 13 November 2015.
Contact the High Performance team
Telephone: 07881 014593
Back to top