Glenda's industry experience includes working as a project architect, interior design consultant, sole practitioner and more. For more information follow the link below...
- April 2005 to August 2005. Project architect, Foster Designs Architects, Peregian Beach.
- May 2004 to April 2005. Interior design consultant, Manor Blinds & Curtains, Maroochydore.
- November 2002 to November 2003. Sole practitioner, Glenda strong, Architect, Brisbane.
- January 2001 to November 2002. Project architect, Jeremy Salmon Architect, Brisbane.
- March 2000 to December 2000. Architectural assistant, Sue Rowsell Architect, Brisbane.
- November 1997 to September 1999. Associate interior designer, Bobbi Dufau Interior Design, Ojai, California.
- July 1995 to September 1997. Manager, Integron design architects, Windhoek, Namibia, S. Africa.
- January 1994 to July 1995. Project architect, Paul Berends & Associates, Windhoek, Namibia, S. Africa.
Glenda's research includes knowledge transfer and mentoring in industry led student design projects, twenty first century ornament: our present day attitudes and beliefs about ornamentation and more. Follow the link below for more information...
- Knowledge transfer and mentoring in industry led student design projects.
- Recovered history (1956-1970): gathering the primary source material of interior designers, architects, advice writers and influencers (such as Diana Rowntree and Ian Nairn).
- Film: a key to design codes.
- Twenty first century ornament: our present day attitudes and beliefs about ornamentation.
Glenda's most recent publication is titled 'But What About Mum?' Journalist, Architect, Wife, Mother: Diana Rowntree (1915-2008); In: 'Femininity and Feminism: Women and the Media since the 1900's'. Follow the link below for the full citation...
Strong, G, (2014); 'But What About Mum?' Journalist, Architect, Wife, Mother: Diana Rowntree (1915-2008); In:'Femininity and Feminism: Women and the Media since the 1900's'; Edited by: Andrews, M and McNamara, S; Routledge, Taylor and Francis, New York.
Glenda's current work is progress is titled: Interior design and culture: greasy spoons and silver spoons: the reappropriation of class in British cafes, an anthological reading.