Tom taught, designed and delivered courses in the NHS Trusts he has worked in, such as:
- Acute life-threatening events recognition and treatment
- Ward acute care scenarios
- Modified early warning scores
- Assessment and management of the deteriorating patient
- Critical care module as part of the BSc in Acute Care at Anglia Ruskin University.
Tom taught, assessed and mentored students in the Wessex Emergency Care Collaborative Emergency Nurse Practitioner course.
From 2018, Tom has started studying for the Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (PGCLTHE).