This course teaches the safety boat element of the RYA powerboat scheme and includes practical sessions afloat and teaching theory.
We'll provide waterproofs and buoyancy aids. A log book is available to purchase for £5. We advise you to bring warm clothing, a change of clothes, footwear (eg, old trainers), lunch, and a passport-sized photo.
- RYA National Powerboat - Level 2 certificate
- If you already have an RYA National Powerboat - Level 2 certificate obtained on inland waters, you'll also need a coastal endorsement prior to the course, as we are a coastal centre.
- Must be aged 16 or over.
- Highly desirable: First Aid certificate and short range radio certificate. Also a basic knowledge of sailing dinghies.
- Southampton Solent University students and staff: £160
- Students: £225 (students refers to anyone in full-time education - proof is required at time of booking. Please call or email to book so that the discount can be applied to your booking.)
- Public rate: £285
Book your place
Back to top
|Date ||Time ||Venue ||Spaces available ||Book |
||Watersports Centre, Warsash
||Telephone: 023 8201 4298