This course is designed to teach tender driving up to the required standard to carry passengers and crew members to and from ships, day and night. It builds on the basic knowledge and experience of powerboating.
We'll provide waterproofs and buoyancy aids. We advise you to bring warm clothing, a change of clothes, footwear (eg, old trainers) and lunch.
- RYA National Powerboat - Level 2 certificate.
- If you already have an RYA National Powerboat - Level 2 certificate obtained on inland waters, you'll also need a coastal endorsement prior to the course.
- Must be aged 17 or over.
- Highly desirable: First Aid certificate and short range radio certificate.
Back to top
- Southampton Solent University students and staff: £190.
- Students: £250 (students refers to anyone in full-time education - proof is required at time of booking. Please call or email to book so that the discount can be applied to your booking).
- Public rate: £290.