UCAS have updated their tariff points for 2017 entry. Please click here for more information.
280 points (for 2016 entry) or 112 points (for 2017 entry) from:
- A minimum of two A Levels including minimum Grade D in two relevant subjects excluding General Studies and Key Skills, a BTEC Extended Diploma at DMM or BTEC Diploma at D*D* or equivalent.
- A BTEC Subsidiary Diploma will be considered in conjunction with other qualifications.
- Direct entry to year two may be offered to holders of an HND or HNC in an appropriate subject.
- Alternative entry to this course is available through the Technology Foundation Year.
We welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds. Applicants who are not in possession of the minimum entry requirements but are able to demonstrate aptitude, enthusiasm and motivation will be considered on an individual basis and may be admitted subject to satisfactory interview and/or portfolio. Please contact us for further details.
English language requirements
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are:
- IELTS minimum 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component
- TOEFL IBT minimum 80 with a minimum of 19 in each individual component- TOEFL is only valid for EU students
- or equivalent.
Qualifications are checked before enrolment, and international students must bring their original certificates or certified copies when coming to study at the University.
The University also offers a pre-sessional English programme for international students who wish to improve their level of English before starting a degree course.
Note to all international students requiring a visa:
All international applicants need to be aware that the English language requirements to attend Southampton Solent University, and the English language requirements to obtain a visa from the Home Office, may be different. This means that if you meet the Southampton Solent University language requirement to gain a place on the course, you may still have to meet additional requirements to be granted with a visa by the Home Office.
We strongly advise all applicants to visit the Home Office website which outlines all the requirements for a successful visa application and to take a look at this PDF document which outlines both Solent University and Home Office requirements for a number of language tests.
If you do not have these qualifications or are unsure of your eligibility please contact the University using the contact details found at the top of this page.