Southampton Solent University offers a wide range of undergraduate degrees, Higher National Diplomas and Foundation degrees, together with a wide variety of taught and research postgraduate degrees, professional education and short courses.
Undergraduate studies are suitable to those who have completed the equivalent to British A-levels. To find out more about your own country's entry requirements, go to your country.
You can take your pick from more than 230 full-time undergraduate courses across a wide range of subjects. From accountancy to yacht design, audio technology to writing contemporary fiction, the career you choose is limited only by your imagination and determination.
To find out more about our undergraduate programmes, please see the undergraduate full-time course list.
- Foundation programmes - one year, leading to a bachelor's degree. Also known as Year 0, it is aimed at students who do not have the academic background or the required experienced to access a direct entry into level 1 of a bachelor's degree.
- Higher National Diplomas (HND)/Foundation Degrees (FdA/FdSc) - two years, leading to a bachelor's degree or a bachelor's top-up degree.
- Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE) - one year, preparing you for further study in the UK at undergraduate, or if you are suitably qualified, postgraduate level.
- Bachelor's degrees - three or four years: Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Science (BSc), Bachelor of Engineering (BEng), or Bachelor of Laws (LLB).
- Bachelor's top-up degrees - one year, final year of a Bachelor's degree for students who have completed the equivalent of a British HND.
Read more about applying for an undergraduate course
Postgraduate studies are suitable to those who have completed the equivalent of a British bachelor's honours degree. To find out if your university degree is equivalent, please go to your country.
Whether you want to gain a competitive edge in the growing job markets, or build upon your undergraduate studies, our growing number of postgraduate programmes - ranging from visual arts to management, enable you to specialise in your chosen field at the highest levels of competence.
To find out more about our postgraduate programmes, please see the postgraduate course list.
Read more about applying for a postgraduate course
Taught postgraduate level:
- Master's degrees - one to one-and-a-half years:
Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MSc), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Laws (LLM).
Research postgraduate level:
- Master of Philosophy - two years
- PhD - three years
English language programmes
Southampton Solent University offers a variety of English language programmes if you need or wish to improve your level of English prior to joining one of our undergraduate or postgraduate courses.
Find out more about our English language programmes
Study Abroad and Erasmus
Study periods abroad not only allow you to obtain a different cultural experience but add an international dimension to your resume (also known as a CV). Support and induction programmes are available for all students going out on exchange and for students coming to study here with us.
An exchange or a study abroad student at Southampton Solent University
As well as students going to our partner institutions, students also come to Southampton on an exchange basis or a study abroad basis. Studying and living in England is an excellent opportunity and experience for them and don't forget, they will bring their cultural experiences with them for us to learn from. This enhances the richness and diversity of the experience of studying at Southampton for all our students.
Read more about Study Abroad and Erasmus opportunities