What makes a successful student? The student perspective
Following on from the success of our first student retention conference in 2017, we are delighted to be organising a second. This year's conference will be an opportunity to discuss with students what factors have the most influence on student success.
The programme for the day is as follows:
10-10.25am: Registration and refreshments
10.30-10.40am: Welcome presentation
10.40-11.20am: Key note presentation with Amatey Doku, Vice President (Higher Education), National Union of Students
11.20am–12 noon: Student retention and achievement at Solent
12-1pm: Morning workshops. Choose from the following:
- Workshop 1 - Belonging and moving into industry - authentic learning, Solent University
- Workshop 2 - Exploring the recipe for celebrating student success, Winchester University
- Workshop 3 - Sharing the perspective of BAME students and learning from direct experience, University of West London
- Workshop 4 - Solent Futures: helping students to get to where they want to be, Solent University
- Workshop 5 - ‘Retention’: a question for students – If we think you are at risk of poor performance or early withdrawal what would you like us to do?, Independent College Dublin & Solent University
1-1.45pm: Buffet lunch, networking and tours of the Spark
1.45-2.45pm: Afternoon workshops. Choose from the following:
- Workshop 6 - First steps of the student journey, Solent University
- Workshop 7 - Flying high: being a global graduate, Coventry University London
- Workshop 8 - Suffolk Life Mentor Scheme at the University of Suffolk, Suffolk University
- Workshop 9 - What makes a successful student at Solent University?, Solent University
3-3.30pm: Plenary: Q&A panel for staff and students from Solent and visiting universities
When registering for this event please select a general admission ticket in addition to a ticket for a morning workshop and a ticket for a workshop in the afternoon.
We are delighted that SEAtS will be sponsoring this year's conference to enable us to offer it free of charge.
We look forward to seeing you on 19 June.