Skip to main content
Solent Unviersity Southampton logo
Solent Unviersity Southampton logo

Starting your application

Applying to university for the first time? It is likely that you will start your application on the UCAS website. UCAS is an online service which can help you to apply for university places and keep track of the offers you receive.

Students from outside the EU will have the choice of applying either via UCAS or through a local agent. For more information, please email our admissions team using or call +44 23 8201 5066.

The application process for postgraduate students, apprentices and those who are taking professional courses will vary. For more information on your specific circumstances, please follow the links further down this page.

Need advice? Contact admissions


All students applying for the first year of a full-time undergraduate course must apply through UCAS. Initial application guidance and course information can be found on the UCAS website.

Visit the UCAS website

Learn more about what happens next

Postgraduate courses

Applications for a postgraduate course can be made any time before the start of the course. Unlike their undergraduate counterparts, postgraduate students can make their application directly to the University. Visit your course homepage to apply online. Alternatively, get in touch with our admissions team.

View postgraduate courses

Email us


Need help applying for a higher or degree apprenticeship? Please email or call 023 8201 5066. Follow the link below to find out more about the apprenticeships on offer here at Solent.

Email us


Worried about the cost of going to university? There's plenty of support on offer to ensure that financial circumstances don’t stop you from gaining a higher education.

Advice for international students

We welcome students from all over the world into our student community. Follow the link below to find out more about the English language requirements and academic entry criteria for courses here at Solent.

International students help

Your UCAS points

How many UCAS points you have will determine which courses you are able to apply for. More UCAS points means more choices. You can use our tariff chart to find out how many UCAS points your qualifications are worth, or contact the admissions team to find out how to get the most out of the points you have available.

View the tariff chart

Contact the admissions team