Solent’s Clearing promise
Everyone is a priority to us. We promise to offer all our Clearing applicants:
- A priority call back. You can ask one of our friendly Clearing team to call you to talk about your options. Call me back!
- Guaranteed accommodation. Confirm your course place before 4 September and our team will be in touch to offer you accommodation in our student residences (while rooms are available).
- One-to-one application support. Providing you with tailored support for your situation.
- Funding and cost of living support. We can help you find the right information on budgeting, living costs, and financial support.
- Access to our virtual and on-campus Clearing events. For our Clearing open day (Saturday 9 September) you can apply to receive an Amazon voucher towards travel costs and get discounted rail fares with South Western Railway.
- Speak to a current student. Find out more about living and studying in Southampton. Arrange a call!
Which best applies to you?
Follow down the page, or apply online whenever you're ready.
Why come to Solent?
Our city-centre campus puts you in the heart of the south coast's biggest city.
Our courses are practical and career-driven, informed by our industry connections and focused on getting you the career you want.
Our student community is inclusive, collaborative, diverse and friendly. Whatever you're into, there's a place for you here.
We offer tons of real-world experiences, placement opportunities and access to the latest professional equipment and facilities.
Our support teams are always here for you - no matter the problem or challenge you're facing, we'll help you sort it.
6thUK uni for sustained employmentLongitudinal Educational Outcomes (LEO)
Have you thought about a foundation year?
If you didn't get the grades you need or don't quite feel ready to jump straight into degree-level study, a foundation year could be the perfect choice for you.
The benefits of a foundation degree are:
Lower entry requirements.
Academic support to help you prepare for uni-level study.
A broad introduction to your industry before you start your specialist degree.
£123minvested in our campus estate and facilities in the last 5 years
What our students are saying
11thin the sector for graduate start-upsHESA 2022
Our great city
Southampton is a city with something for everyone. Beautiful city centre parks, an electric night-time economy and a thriving arts and music scene all meet to offer residents something truly unique.
Guaranteed accommodation for Clearing applicantsWhile rooms are available
If you confirm your course place before 25 August, our team will be in touch to offer you accommodation in our Solent student residences.
We have five student residences with a range of rooms to suit all budgets and requirements - but rooms are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, so choices may be limited as spaces fill up.