Changes to becoming a lawyer CPD session: What tutors need to know and how they can support their students
For school and college staff who need to know how best they can support their students with an interest in studying law at university.
This session aims to support Heads of Careers, Heads of Sixth Form, Law teachers / tutors and other colleagues who support students with an interest in applying for Law at university.
The biggest change in a generation for university law students and applicants is being introduced in 2021. The Solicitors Qualification Examination (SQE) will be the route for students who want to become a solicitor and will require a major change in the guidance and support provided to your students.
This seminar, from 4-5pm, delivered by Kevin Rogers (Director of Solent Law School) covers:
- the types of skills Law students develop during their studies
- the range of careers available following a law degree
- the main changes to becoming a solicitor or a barrister
- an overview of the Solicitors Qualification Examination (SQE)
- opportunity for questions
Once registered, we will be in touch with the link you need to log in on the day.
- Online event