Parents and carers higher education information event - online
For parents and carers who would like to support their child with applying to university.
Solent University is partnering with the Southampton Education Forum (SEF), the University of Southampton, and Southampton City Council to host this free online event for parents and carers of young people (year 9 upwards) who are considering going to university. The event will take place on 28th November 2023 from 18:00-19:15.
The event will provide parents and carers with information on the benefits of a university education, the application process, financial support options, and student support services.
In addition to speakers from Solent University, there will also be a live Q&A panel with education professionals from across the SEF Network including:
- Chris Vidler – Student Advice Team Leader (Solent University)
- Adrian Dolby – Student Finance Adviser (University of Southampton)
- Jemma Cheviot – Careers and Progression Manager (Lighthouse Learning Trust)
- Mike Jones – Assistant Principal (Itchen Sixth Form College)
- Beth Bray – Post 16 Manager (Southampton City Council)
This event is a great opportunity for parents and carers to learn more about the process of applying to university and the support that is available to students. It is also a chance to ask questions directly to education professionals.
How do I book?
Please book on this form.
For more information please email email@example.com.
- Online event