A fully-equipped traditional multi-discipline print and workshop space used to progress timetabled and open access undergraduate and postgraduate project work
About the print room
Regular inductions cover screen printing for illustration, graphics, colour separation and fabric design. A range of bookbinding solutions are available in the printmaking workshop, including hand-bound slipcases.
The print room boasts a number of presses available to proof and edition printed material, including Intaglio presses for copper sulphate etching, dry point and hot plate ground applications. There are also A2 and A3 letterpresses and extensive fonts of wood and lead type.
In addition to the familiar collograph and lino cut processes, the workshop is also frequently used to produce laser cut images for relief printing, rubber stamps and manipulated screen printed imagery.
The print room is staffed by a technical team who are all practitioners in their disciplines, and support is given to exhibitions, performance, alumni and visiting artist residencies.
The area is available to students through open access, subject to specific inductions, and with the accompaniment of technical assistance.
- 1x Dahle 846 book guillotine.
- 1x book press.
- 1x hot foil blocking press.
- 1x letterpress SP20 Van Der Cook.
- 1x letterpress SP15 Van Der Cook.
- 1x Adana 8 x 5 press.
- Wooden and metal type with associated furniture.
- 1x Renalon polymer plate maker.
- 1x Counterslip relief press.
- 2x Hunter Penrose Littlejohn Intaglio press.
- 1x Rochat hot plate.
- Air Science Purair LEV etching cabinet.
- 4x Natgraph screen print beds.
- 1x Natgraph vacuum exposure unit.
- 1x Natgraph drying cabinet.
- 1x Kranzel pressure washer.
- Dedicated screen washout booth.
Courses that use this facility
- BA (Hons) Illustration
- BA (Hons) Fashion Management with Marketing
- BA (Hons) Fashion and Beauty Media
- BA (Hons) Interior Design
- MA Visual Communication