About this course
The 1st4sport Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Rounders course provides an introduction to the principles and practice of coaching rounders for young children and adults and is ideal for those who want to get involved in coaching the sport.
The two day course provides the knowledge for assistant coaches (working alongside a more qualified NRA Level 2 or UKCC Level 2 coach) to deliver rounders activities.
The course will also provide you with an introduction to the principles and practices of coaching safe and ethical rounders activities to adults and young people.
The qualification will help you to understand how to deliver aspects of coaching sessions, normally under direct supervision of more qualified coaches.
You must be at least 16 years or older to enrol on this course.
Coach education courses at solent
Solent University offers an extensive programme of coach education courses, as well as a wide range of National Governing Body (NGB) qualifications. Courses are open to Solent University staff, students, and the general public.
What you'll study
On successful completion of the 1st4sport Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Rounders, you should be able to:
- Establish working relationships with the participants and others.
- Establish a safe working environment.
- Prepare for activities, taking into account participants’ needs and motives.
- Contribute to the creation of a safe working environment.
- Prepare the participants for the coaching activities.
- Deliver prepared activities.
- Support participants’ behaviour.
- Conclude the activities.
- Review the activities.
- Contribute to the evaluation of participants.
- Develop personal practice continuously.
Fees and finance
The 2021/22 fees are not yet available. For guidance, the 2020/21 fees were:
- Standard price: £199
- Student price: £170