Introduction to Coaching Basketball Award
About this course
The Basketball England Level 1 Award in Coaching Basketball has been replaced by the Introduction to Coaching Basketball Award. This course has been developed to provide learners with the confidence to deliver safe, fun and inclusive basketball sessions under the supervision of an independent coach.
The Introduction to Coaching Basketball course is ideal for students, parent helpers, coaches in other sports, teaching assistants and physical activity leaders. It has an accessible learning format consisting of e-learning, virtual classrooms and face to face learning and is underpinned by the principles of the Player Development Framework.
You must be aged 16 or above to participate in this course
Coach education courses at solent
Solent University offers an extensive programme of coach education courses, as well as a wide range of National Governing Body (NGB) qualifications. Courses are open to Solent University staff, students, and the general public.
What you'll study
- Establishing working relationships with the participants and others
- Establishing a safer working environment
- Preparing for activities, taking into account participants' needs and motives
- Delivering prepared activities
- Concluding and reviewing activities.
Fees and finance
- Standard price: £120
- Student price: £100
Ready to book
- Introduction to Coaching Basketball AwardSolent Sports ComplexMon 13 Feb 202309:00 - 05:00
If you have any questions about the course or would like to register your interest in potential future open courses please email: email@example.com