Our contact details
Solent University, East Park Terrace, SO14 0YN Southampton
Access and Widening Participation: email@example.com
For more information, please contact the Information Rights Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What type of information we have
- Personal details (name, date of birth, gender
- Contact details (home postcode)
- Parental HE status
- Special category data (Ethnicity, disability declaration, carer responsibilities)
- Experience of Local authority care
How we get the information and why do we have it
Information is collected through your school/college representative as part of the onboarding process or in person using an informed consent form.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) We seek consent with regards to processing special category data, if not outlined in this privacy notice.
(b) We have a legal obligation (regulatory framework set by OfS).
(c) We need it to perform a public task (as a University we have a number of responsibilities, such as to drive progress on access and participation for underrepresented groups).
What we do with the information
Your data will be collected by your school or college and shared with us in a secure manner that is accessible only by relevant members of the University. Those selected have a contractual responsibility to maintain confidentiality. We may share your data for the purposes of:
- Higher Education Access Tracker database (HEAT)
Any information processed will be deleted once it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
Updated: 15 February 2019
Back to top