Our contact details
Solent University, East Park Terrace, SO14 0YN Southampton
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 023 8201 3229 or 023 8201 3978
For more information, please contact the Information Rights Team at: email@example.com
What type of information we have
- Basic personal details (name, email address, role at institution)
How we get the information and why do we have it
We collect data through our electronic systems and store it in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and other relevant University systems.
We will receive the data directly from you either through your enquiries to us (e.g. when you contact us to ask for information or a specific service).
We also collect data through our website. Solent University's website does not capture nor store personal data except where you voluntarily choose to provide your personal details (for example through one of our forms).
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) We seek consent to provide an additional service (such as marketing communications or newsletters)
(b) We need it to perform a public task (as a University we have a number of responsibilities, such as widening Access and Widening participation activity).
(c) We have a legitimate interest and the processing carries no or little risk.
What we do with the information
We collect basic personal data to keep in touch with you and to provide services that you have requested or are in your interest. We do not share the data with any third parties. Any information processed will be deleted once it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113[
Updated: 15 February 2019
Back to top