Changes to becoming a solicitor CPD session
For any school and college staff who need to know how best they can support their students interested in studying law at university.
The biggest change in a generation for university law students and applicants was introduced in 2021. The introduction of the Solicitors Qualification Examination (SQE) is now the route for students who wish to become a solicitor and will necessitate a significant altering of the guidance and support you provide to your students.
This seminar will last no longer than an hour and will cover:
- the main changes to becoming a solicitor or a barrister
- an overview of the Solicitors Qualification Examination (SQE)
- explanation of Solent Law School’s approach to the new central assessment
- early analysis and reflections from the first SQE1 assessment sitting
- the types of skills Law students develop during their studies
- the varied range of careers available following a law degree
The session will also allow for Q & A throughout. You can pre-submit questions on the registration form.
Once registered, we will be in touch by 5pm on Friday 18 March 2022 with the Microsoft Teams link you need to log in on the day.
- Online event