The higher education sector is fast-moving and has been subject to many developments, so advising students about entry to university can be challenging.
Thursday 16 May 2019, 9.30am - 3.30pm
Booking is now open
Aimed at careers advisers, senior management and subject tutors, this year's conference is themed around the student experience. You'll become a Solent undergraduate in what will be a fun, interactive and busy day.
You'll be able to network with like-minded people (Solent staff and students) and get the full 'student experience' by:
- touring our modern campus,
- trying out some of our courses with mini taster demos in nutrition and nursing,
- experiencing our new maritime bridge simulator, as well as make-up tutorials,
- being a newsroom journalist,
- looking into the future with a session on the Internet of Things (IoT),
- watching presentations on recent student support developments at Solent, including improvements in students' mental health support
- taking part in an employability session with a local employer.
We advise wearing comfortable walking shoes!
Complimentary refreshments, lunch and afternoon tea are provided.
Please complete all sections on the form, being sure to tell us if you need any additional mobility support, or if you have specific dietary requirements.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In recognition of our partnership work with you, we hold a celebratory festive lunch in December. The date for this year's lunch is Tuesday 10 December. If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.
See what's on offer at one of our open days. The next dates are:
- Saturday 8 June 2019
- Saturday 8 June 2019 (careers in maritime)
- Saturday 28 September 2019
- Saturday 12 October 2019 (careers in maritime only)
- Sunday 13 October 2019
- Sunday 10 November 2019
- Saturday 23 November 2019
Find out more
We offer a travel voucher scheme that allows open day visitors who live outside of the local authority of Southampton City Council to apply to receive an Amazon voucher towards the cost of their travel. Find out more.
Solent University is committed to developing meaningful and effective partnerships within the educational community. In line with this commitment we have developed an admissions agreement to help support your students' progress into higher education programmes at Solent.
We are also committed to rewarding excellence. Our unconditional offer scheme is aimed at applicants who have displayed an exceptional academic performance during their studies. Our undergraduate merit scholarship rewards students who have demonstrated academic excellence and ability.
Find out more
We offer an extensive programme of coach education courses and National Governing Body (NGB) qualifications that may be of interest to you and your students. View a complete list, as well as information on how to book.
Our monthly newsletter gives you the latest updates on what's happening at Solent and in higher education.
Sign up now
For more information, or to discuss your requirements further, get in touch.