The 3D modelling workshop is a dedicated facility for fabricating three- and two-dimensional superficial and prototype models. The workshop is used by students for project proposals and creating designs , making tangible, realistic representations from given materials, typically plastics and timber, and surface finishing to high standards.
Examples of student modelled work include:
- Product design: MP3 player, espresso maker, commode, car.
- Art and graphic design: etched imagery, letter shapes.
- Fashion design: various materials patterns, etched earrings.
- Marine craft: plywood boat hulls.
- Animation and special effects: animated figures, scaled set pieces.
These material forms are achieved by the appropriate choice and student preferred method from a range of automated and manual machinery and portable power and hand tools, according to user requirement and craft level of development, assisted by instruction.