Advanced manufacturing laboratory
Discover Solent's 3D printing and robotics systems, laser cutting, CNC and ancillary finishing services.
About the advanced manufacturing laboratory
Solent's advanced manufacturing facility brings together various technologies used in engineering, design and manufacture.
The lab houses a large OceArizona printer, as well as 3D print, laser cutting and robotics. Students on non-engineering courses, and the wider university also have access to the 3D printers through the web shop.
The wide variety of robotics in the lab include a new Baxter industrial robot system, which can be taught to perform automated tasks. Additionally, the lab has a range of testing equipment and finishing facilities, including UV curing and heat treatment.
- ProJet 3600 max high speed, high definition 3D printer
- Z core 450 full colour powder based 3D printer
- Four FormLabs Form2 printers (multiple print material types available)
- Baxter research robot with gripper kit and pedestal
- 10 Gryphon mentor robots
- Six conveyor and dispenser units
- Two Hounsfield Tensometer
- Emco CNC Mill 50
- ILS 60-watt laser cutter
Courses that use this facility
- HNC Engineering
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design