Dedicated studios for 2D, 3D and stop-motion animation
About the animation studios
Our dedicated animation studios offer students the opportunities to explore the various methods and types of animation, from traditional hand-drawn 2D styles to stop-motion to digital 3D, using a range of industry-standard software such as Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Studio Max, Maya, Blender, Toon Boom and more. With access to everything they need, our students have the tools and opportunity to learn the fundamental principles of animation, play with digital and analogue tools, and find their medium – then master it.
- 30+ animator’s lightboxes for traditional 2D animation
- 10 dedicated image capture PCs with line-test software, for instant playback and feedback from hand-drawn frames.
- Unrestricted access to Adobe Creative Cloud software, both on and off-campus.
- Designated stop motion studios, along with access to software, high-end digital SLR cameras and stop-motion lighting rigs.
- Facilities to build physical armatures and sets in our workshop area, as well as access to workshops with 3d printers and laser cutters as well as traditional heavy-duty tools.
- 3D suites with a comprehensive range of animation software, including Adobe Animate and After Effects, 3D Studio Max, Maya, Blender, Toon Boom and TV Paint.
Courses using this facility:
- BA (Hons) Animation