The bridge simulators and ECDIS suites are used for training deck officers in the use of radar, ECDIS, automatic radar plotting aids and other electronic aids to maintain safety of navigation.
About the bridge simulators
Our world-class maritime simulation centre enables seafarers to train on the very latest specialist facilities using Wärtsilä technology. Deck officers have access to:
- 8 full-mission navigational bridges
- Over 50 part task simulations
- 4 multi-purpose desktop simulation classrooms
- 2 ECDIS suites
- 4 debriefing classrooms
Take a virtual tour of the maritime simulation centreVirtual tour
- Closely resembles equipment and layout on a real bridge.
- Control equipment can replicate various configurations and ship types.
- Two 360-degree bridge simulators.
- Bespoke 'own ship' training environments can be created.