The studio contains state-of-the-art digital software and hardware for the creation of electronic dance music, allowing students to be creative and gain practical knowledge of the numerous pieces of hardware devices.
About the the digital music studio
The digital music studio is a high-end facility, which has been recently refurbished and updated with new iMacs and furniture. There are two sets of the latest CDJ’s in two different locations, meaning students can mix without any noise confliction. As well as having the decks, students can also use the latest Stem mixing tools and purchase stems from popular tracks to remix and rearrange as they wish.
Students also have access to a sound proof recording booth for recording instruments and vocals in an acoustically controlled environment. The space is dived into iMac suite, booth and ‘play’ zone, where students can practice DJ skills and reconfigure equipment or build projects.
- 26 IMacs containing Ableton Live (3 IMacs have Live Suite) – Logic ProX – Native Instruments Komplete - Traktor Pro – Wwise
- Each iMac also has an Impulse 25 keyboard attached and a set of Sennheiser headphones
- 1x Native Instruments Traktor S4 – digital mixing console
- 2x Native Instruments Traktor S2s – digital mixing console
- 1x pair of D2 stems
- 1x pair of Pioneer CDJ 2000NXS DJ decks
- 1x pair of Pioneer CDJ 850 DJ decks
- 1x Pioneer DJM900NXS DJ mixer
- 1x Pioneer DJM850K DJ mixer
- 1x Mackie 1402 VLZ4 14-channel mixing desk
- 1x Mackie 1642 VLZpro 16-channel mixing desk
- 5x Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 – audio interfaces
- 1x Apogee duo sound card
- 1x Mackie ‘Big Knob’ speaker control system