A suite of professionally-equipped dedicated studio spaces that can been booked by students.
About the photography studios
The main studio complex is made up of eight private spaces all with a full width 9-feet-wide Colourama backdrops. There is also a wide range of lighting options and modifiers available, along with camera boom supports and grip equipment.
In addition to the main studio area there is a separate dedicated studio space for still life, and a white infinity cove, as well as three dedicated headshot booths. Nine mobile workstations are available for use to enable tethered workstation operation using Capture One software.
Once students have completed a safe working and technical operation induction, they can book studios up to two weeks in advance and access the studio equipment as required.
The studios are self-service after training, and trained students are employed in the evening to keep the area open until 11pm for the whole semester.
- Flash lighting (studio) Profoto D2: 36x 500 heads, 4x 1000 heads.
- Flash lighting (location) Profoto B2: 11x 2 head kits with several light modifiers available.
- Continuous lighting (studio): 4x 1kw Arri focusing spot, 3x HEDLER Profilux LED1000
- Studio lighting stands, various heights and weights from floor level to 8ft high, including 4x lighting booms.
- 64x Profoto light modifiers including: zoom reflectors, snoots, mini focusing spot, beauty dishes, umbrellas, barn doors, gel holders, honeycombs etc.
- 40x Profoto soft boxes, rectangular sizes 4' x 6' (120x180cm) to 1' x 3' (30x90cm), Octa sizes 3', 4' and 5'.
- 20x white and black polyboard reflectors.
- 3x Cambo camera stands.
- 3x wheeled ladders.
- 16x Manfrotto autopoles.
- 20x super clamps plus various attachments.
- 1x copy stand.
- 2x still life tables.
Courses that use this facility
- BA (Hons) Photography
- BA (Hons) Photography (Top-Up)
- BA (Hons) Fashion Photography
- BA (Hons) Fashion Styling and Creative Direction
- BA (Hons) Fashion and Beauty Media
- BA (Hons) Make-Up and Hair Design
- BA (Hons) Prosthetics and Special Effects Design
- BA (Hons) Fashion Design
This facility is available to hire
Students can hire the photography studios.
Enquire about hiring this facilityFind out more about external hire