Eight radio studios using software and hardware for multi-voice recording and creating on pre-recorded radio shows and podcasts.
About the radio studios
The radio studios are fully equipped to facilitate pre-recordings of radio shows, radio documentaries, podcasts and any other radio content. Each studio is independent of itself and self-contained, there is no live feed from the studios.
The studios can also be used for audio editing using Adobe Audition software. Three of the eight studios also have voice booths which can be used for voice-overs or editing.
A number of courses and modules frequently use the studios, as most of the multimedia courses have an audio unit of some kind, requiring students to either create voxpops, podcasts and audio content.
- Sonifex S-1 mixing desks.
- Two iMacs featuring Adobe Audition and Audacity for recording/editing, and Q-Cart for playback.
- Each studio has three Rode broadcaster microphones with Sennheiser headphones.
- Three of the studios feature separate voice booths.
- Access to high speed network file share with large sound library of samples etc.