Solent Sport offers a comprehensive sport programme of an excellent standard. The programme is moulded around your sporting talent and potential, and is designed to help you balance your university career with competing on the national and international stage.
Athletes applying for the performance sport programme can qualify for a sport scholarship or our High Performance Academy.
Scholarships are awarded to athletes competing at national and international levels in a variety of sports, including - but not exclusively - basketball, cricket and football.
What we offer
- Bursary scholarships from £1,000 up to a maximum of £5,000
- Focus sport services packages
- Individual bespoke athlete services packages
High Performance Academy
Our High Performance Academy provides financial and mentoring support to assist student athletes in reaching their full sporting potential. Successful applicants receive a support package worth up to £2,500.
The support package is delivered by a dedicated team of individuals who are fully committed to our athletes' development and sporting success. It includes:
- Strength and conditioning training sessions.
- Dual career and lifestyle support
- Physiotherapy treatments.
- Soft tissue massage.
- University accommodation discount.
- Discounted student gym membership.
- Access to the High Performance Gym.
- Complementary Solent Sport club membership.
- Access to High Performance workshops.
- Sports science support.
- Athletes bursary and food vouchers.
- Athlete kit.
The minimum requirements for entry into our performance sport programme are:
- Applicants must be full-time or part-time undergraduate or postgraduate students.
- Applicants must have an outstanding ability in a particular sport.
- Applicants must compete at a national or international level (junior or senior), or show strong evidence of the potential to do so.
Please read the athletes agreement before beginning your application for the performance sport programme.
Athletes not considered for a sports scholarship may be considered for a place within the High Performance Academy. For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (Athlete Recruitment Officer).
Back to top