Follow the link below to see Marietjie's industry experience from 1996 to date.
- April 2008 – December 2015 - Southampton City Clinical Commissioning Group – continuing healthcare team, case manager.
- August 2002 – April 2008 - Southampton City Council, hospital discharge and care management teams.
- April 2002 – August 2002 - West Berkshire Council, adults with physical disabilities team.
- September 2001 – January 2002 - London Borough of Haringey, hospital discharge team.
- April 2001 – August 2001 - West Berkshire Council, adult’s services duty team.
- February 2001 – March 2001 - Bracknell Forest Borough Council, hospital discharge team.
- February 2000 – December 2000 - London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, Children in Need and child protection teams.
- April 1997 – June 1999 - Christian Social Council Belfast (South Africa), generic social worker.
- During this time I arranged a training conference for local professionals (e.g. teachers, doctors, etc.) around the identification of and reaction to child abuse.
- May 1996 – March 1997 - Christian Social Council Vryheid (South Africa), generic social worker.
In previous roles I have experience of supervising unqualified members of staff and/or mentoring other staff members.
I worked as an associate lecturer at Southampton Solent University between October 2011 and December 2014 then from January 2015 began working in my current position of senior lecturer...
I worked as an associate lecturer at Southampton Solent University between October 2011 and December 2014 then from January 2015 began working in my current position of senior lecturer.
I have been a qualified practice teacher since 2007. Since January 2009 I have been a freelance social work practice educator, and have prior experience as a student work base supervisor (2002 – 2007). I have experience of working as an associate/visiting fellow for Southampton University.
From 2013 - 2015 I have worked as an independent practice assessor on the ASYE programme run by Southampton City Council. I have also run a training programme (2012 – 2015) on NHS continuing healthcare for the Southampton City Clinical Commissioning Group.
Marietjie's previous research activity was centred around the research for a postgraduate master’s degree on the topic of the social worker as expert witness...
Previous research activity was centred around the research for a postgraduate master’s degree on the topic of the social worker as expert witness in court cases around sexual molestation of the child.
Currently undertaking application for fellowship of the Higher Education Academy. Following this my aim is to develop a PhD proposal. My interests include the experience of carers, specifically in the field of acquired brain injury and the development of person centred practice. I am also part of the Internationalisation Project, Technology Enhanced Learning Project and the School’s Ethics Committee.
Marietjie's most recent qualification was PDU Enhancing Learning in Higher Education - Southampton Solent University in 2013. To see her previous and ongoing qualifications, follow the link below...
Ongoing - Registered Social Worker - Health and Care Professions Council.
Ongoing - Associate Fellow of the HEA - Higher Education Academy.
2013 - PDU Enhancing Learning in Higher Education - Southampton Solent University.
2008 - Post Qualifying Award in Social Work - Critical Thinking (PQ 2-4) Bournemouth University.
2007 - Practice Teaching Award - University of Southampton.
2006 - Post Qualifying Award in Social Work (PQ 1) - Bournemouth University.
1999 - MA Social Work - North West University, Potchefstroom, South Africa.
1995 - BA (Hons) Social Work - North West University (Formerly known as the Potchefstroom University for Christian Higher Education), Potchefstroom, South Africa.
Marietjie's most recent publication is titled 'The Social Worker as Expert Witness in Court in Cases around Sexual Molestation of the Child.'. Follow the link below for more information...
Rankin, P & Joubert, M. 1999. The Social Worker as Expert Witness in Court in Cases around Sexual Molestation of the Child. South African Journal of Social Work. (Translated from Afrikaans).
Book review published in British Journal of Social Work, Volume 45, Issue 4 (May 2015).