When you first come to university - whether from school, college or the workplace - you may find there are lots of things you are expected to do that you've never done before. For instance, have you ever:
- given a presentation in front of an audience?
- used referencing to show the source of ideas and theory in your work?
- applied critical thinking?
- carried out academic research?
At university there are higher expectations of the quality, structure, presentation and content of assignments, essays, and projects.
It may seem a daunting prospect, but at Solent University you'll find a range of expert advice and support on hand to help you develop advanced academic skills and reach your full potential.
Here to help
All students at Solent University can access Succeed@Solent, the University's online guide to getting better grades. It offers extensive, practical information and advice on topics such as academic writing, research and presentations.
Back to top
- Access online study skills information and advice, developed specifically with Solent University students in mind.
- Gain academic and life skills through interactive content, quizzes and videos.
- Download invaluable resources, including essay templates, quick-reference guides and video demonstration.
- Read guides on a wide and growing range of topics, including writing, research, presentations and effectively using feedback.