The Student Charter has been developed in consultation between students and staff at Southampton Solent University.
The charter is structured around the expectations of both students and the University in order to create a positive learning experience which will enhance the overall student experience.
As a student you undertake to:
- Engage fully with your studies, including face-to-face, independent learning and group work.
- Work in partnership with the University to make the most of all opportunities provided.
- Strive to do your best in all that you do. Ask for help when you need it.
- Make the most of opportunities to provide feedback about your student experience.
- Engage proactively with your course representatives.
- Be aware of the University's regulations and information provided in handbooks.
- Ensure you remain up to date about university communications.
The University undertakes to provide:
- Excellent educational opportunities to enable you to maximise your potential.
- Information, advice and guidance to allow you succeed throughout your student journey.
- Innovative, research-informed teaching and excellent extra-curricular activities.
- Opportunities to become a highly employable global citizen through access to industry standard facilities and technology, real-world learning and relevant networks.
- An excellent student experience by working in partnership with the Students' Union.
- Courteous and fair treatment in its dealings with you.
- A safe environment promoting freedom of speech, and responding to the student voice.
- A friendly and inclusive environment, ensuring equality of opportunity for everyone
The Student Charter is reviewed on an annual basis. For more information on the Student Charter please contact the Student Hub on 023 8201 5200, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top