At Southampton Solent University we’re dedicated to the development of enterprise skills in our students. Whatever your background or discipline, we want you to feel confident about your future, whether it's in self-employment, employment, volunteering or further education.
We aim to provide you with enterprise opportunities to help you gain hands-on experience and build your confidence. Our student enterprise programmes are designed to submerge you into the real life experience of working on your own business idea or tackling a live business challenge to help you develop skills relevant to the business world. The programmes are supported by mentoring, funding and supervision from the University’s student enterprise team and relevant academic staff.
Solent students or recent graduates have the opportunity to get involved in programmes that include:
- Business start-up training scheme.
- Business start-up funding.
- ‘Apprentice’ style competition.
- One-to-one mentoring support for your idea.
- Entrepreneurial guest speakers as part of our student entrepreneurs’ society ‘Solent Sparks’.
- Business games and simulations.
- Office space (subject to availability).
Contact the Solent enterprise team for more information:
Back to top