Skip to main content

General and campus FAQs

What measures are in place to protect staff and students?

Following the lifting of Covid-19 restrictions on 19 July 2021, the University has relaxed the two metre social distancing rule, but still encourages the wearing of face coverings, use of hand sanitisation stations and we will continue to ventilate our buildings.

Find out more on the portal

You can also view our outbreak control plan, which outlines the measures we are taking to prevent, contain and manage the pandemic at Solent, as well as how we will react to outbreaks in the city.

Do I still need to test to come on to campus?

All staff and students coming onto campus regularly should be testing twice-weekly for Covid-19.

Find out more about your testing options on the portal

I'm still worried about Covid-19 - what should I do?

There is plenty of information and advice on the NHS and Government websites.

Students should speak to the Student Hub and staff should speak to their manager about any worries or queries.

If you have specific health concerns, please contact NHS 111.

I am at higher risk of Covid-19 - what should I do?

If you feel you are vulnerable or at higher risk from Covid-19 because of a medical condition or any other factor, please get in touch as soon as possible so we can provide any advice and support you may need.

Students, please contact the Student Hub by email:

Staff, please speak to your manager in the first instance, who should contact People and Development for further advice if necessary.

Student FAQs

All students starting in or returning for the 2021/22 academic year will be contacted by their course leader about their teaching and learning.

If students have any queries, they should speak to their course leader or contact the Student Hub.

Where can I go for support?

Please visit the portal for information on where you can get advice for health and wellbeing support, funding advice, learning support, and much more.  

Staff FAQs

If staff have any queries, they should speak to their manager or People and Development business partner, or visit our Ways of Working portal pages.

Back to top