About this course
This Level 2 Certificate has been designed for individuals who wish to develop their skills and knowledge to work and/or seek employment as a gym instructor. You'll be equipped with the skills to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes to a range of clients.
The accredited achievement is valued and recognised by employers and can assist learners to increase/enhance their career opportunities, progression and earning potential.
Successful achievement of this qualification will provide entry to the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) as an affiliate member (exercise and fitness).
Launched in 2011, CIMSPA is the professional development body for the UK's sport and physical activity sector. CIMSPA was awarded chartered status by the Privy Council, which came into effect at the beginning of January 2012. CIMSPA provides leadership, support and empowerment for professionals working in sport and physical activity and a single unified voice for the sector.
You must be over the age of 16
Coach education courses at solent
Solent University offers an extensive programme of coach education courses, as well as a wide range of National Governing Body (NGB) qualifications. Courses are open to Solent University staff, students, and the general public.
What you'll study
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology applicable to gym instructing
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Health and safety in a fitness environment
- Customer care
- Effective communication skills for client consultations to support positive behaviour change
- The skills needed to plan and conduct gym-based exercise sessions with individuals and groups
- Legal and professional requirements for fitness instructing
- How to manage, evaluate and improve their own performance
Ready to book
If you have any questions about the course or would like to register your interest in potential future open courses please email: email@example.com