The medical centre uses the same type of equipment as found on board ship for mandatory medical training for ships' officers.
About the medical training centre
The medical centre contains classrooms dedicated to first aid and medical training. Not limited to particular types or brands, a wide variety of equipment is available to enable students to gain hands-on experience with the actual equipment found on board ship.
Both the first aid and medical care courses give students the opportunity to carry out practical techniques, as well as gaining the theory to support these practical skills.
Training is available for all levels of experience from the one-day elementary first aid course for those starting their career at sea, to updating of medical skills for senior officers, and bespoke training to suit individual requirements.
The medical training centre is located at our safety training centre at Warsash.
- Equipment used in the centre is the same as what is used on board ship.
Courses that use this facility
- BSc (Hons) Nautical Science
- FdSc Nautical Science
- FdEng Marine Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Marine Engineering
- FdEng Marine Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- HND Marine Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Marine Electrical and Electronic Engineering