Produce news for TV, radio, web and print in our industry-reflective newsroom and live on location.
Take a virtual tour of the newsroomVirtual tour
About the newsroom
Equipped with 40 iMacs running iNews, Final Cut and the Adobe CC suite, the industry-reflective newsroom enables students to run news day’s encompassing video, radio, web and print in one collaborative space. The newsroom also allows delivery of all aspects of teaching the University's range of journalism courses.
The dedicated on-location mini studio enables journalism students to deliver live news bulletins, and is linked to the main TV studios for larger projects and news events.
Live on-location reporting in the field is also possible via a LiveU 40s allowing students to report live on location via a small backpack system which live-links into the TV studio systems.
- Dedicated newsroom populated with 40 iMacs (late 2015) running Avid iNews newsroom management software, Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Cloud suite.
- Centralised newsroom server with 24TB storage which is also accessible from our other studios and radio control rooms.
- Dedicated newsroom A3 printing/copying facility.
- Mini studio with dedicated stations for multiple cameras, autocue, sound, VT playback, vision mixing and tapeless recording.
- 4K tapeless playout and capture via a BlackMagic HyperDeck Studio Pro and UltraStudio 4K.
- Live green-screen capability.
- Live-streaming from the mini studio to online streaming services.
- On location live link-up via a LiveU 40s allowing students to report live back to the studio.
- Direct link from the newsroom mini studio to the other main campus studios.