We recognise that for many Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) students the playing field for entry into university isn’t always level and this can be a barrier to students from these under-represented backgrounds reaching their potential.
For students applying for 2022 entry to our undergraduate courses, Solent University is offering the BAME Student Scholarship.
These scholarships provide eligible first year undergraduate students, from specific ethnic backgrounds, £1,000 each to use towards their university tuition fees or accommodation.
The scholarship is non means tested, non-repayable and available in addition to any other funding that you may also be eligible.
Successful applicants for this one-off scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Have applied for and hold a firm acceptance, full-time undergraduate course offer from Solent University.
- Have submitted a BAME Student Scholarship Self-Declaration form on or before the 31 May 2022 application deadline.
- Are a UK national with ‘home’ fee status who identifies as having one of the following categories of ethnicity:
- Asian or Asian British
- Any other Asian background
- Black, African, Caribbean or Black British
- Any other Black, African or Caribbean background
- Other ethnic group
- Mixed multiple ethnic groups
- Mixed White and Black Caribbean
- Mixed White and Black African
- Mixed White and Asian
- Any other Mixed or Multiple ethnic background
- Other ethnic groups
- Gypsy or Irish Traveller
- Any other ethnic group
How to apply
In order to be considered for the BAME Student Scholarship, applicants holding a firm acceptance place (conditional or unconditional) on an undergraduate course at Solent University must complete a BAME Student Scholarship Self-Declaration Form.
This will enable the University to link your UCAS application with your application for the scholarship.
Please note, there are a limited number of scholarships provided each year and these are awarded in the order completed forms are returned.
The scholarship is one of several initiatives that we are undertaking as part of our Race Equality Charter and acts to address the gap in under-represented groups of students, as set out in our Access and Participation Plan.
This scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other scholarship, bursary or fee discount.
The University reserves the right to pro-rata this discount, should you suspend or withdraw from study during the academic year. Please refer to our student fees and finance section for further information.
For further information about the scholarship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.