Solent University will make an unconditional offer to its applicants under the following circumstances:
Back to top
- When a prospective or existing student has already attained particular academic achievements which are at, or equivalent to, level 3 or above of the Regulated Qualifications Framework and meet the required tariff for their course. Applicants will be required to provide proof of their qualifications in order to obtain an unconditional offer.
- For courses that wholly or mainly require a prospective or existing student to demonstrate abilities in a practical way (including, but not limited to, by any type of live performance or submission of evidence of abilities through videos, drawings, paintings, photographic pictures, audio recordings, or any other tangible object).
- Where accredited prior learning (APL), or prior experiential learning (APEL), that can be accredited under academic regulations that were made and brought into force by the provider before 1 September 2019.
- When a prospective or existing student who meets all of the following requirements:
- the student was a private candidate registered to take examinations for A-level qualifications (or other qualifications which are equivalent to level 3 qualifications for the purposes of the Regulated Qualifications Framework) in 2020;
- was unable to take examinations for such qualifications before 31 August 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic or obtain grades for such qualifications on an alternative basis as a result of arrangements put in place by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (or, as the case may be, the equivalent body in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland); and
- is seeking admission to a higher education course which will commence before 1 September 2021.
Applicants who fall under this category will need to make the Admissions and Enrolment Team aware of their circumstances.