We want you and your students to enjoy the taster/discovery day experience with us. To ensure this, there are a few guidelines we would like you to follow:
Back to top
- We will advise all school/college tutors who are responsible for coordinating these events to fully brief students prior to the taster/discovery day. This will enable them to be fully prepared for the day and allow them plenty of time to prepare any questions they may have in relation to courses.
- Please arrive in plenty of time to ensure sessions can start promptly.
- If you need to cancel the day or make any changes, please provide us with as much notice as possible (ideally a minimum of five working days).
- Please advise us of any allergies or access requirements your students/staff may have in advance of the day.
- Depending on the sessions being attended, our academics may require you/your students to complete some paperwork, eg, a sports questionnaire, for health and safety reasons.
- We may also require your students to wear or bring certain items of clothing for sessions, eg, sports kit for a practical sports activity.
- During activities at Solent, we ask all schools/college tutors to stay in sessions with their students, unless stated otherwise by University staff, to monitor their students' behaviour during the sessions. Please note, not all student ambassadors and Solent staff have undergone a DBS check.
- In certain parts of the University, there may be areas where students are not allowed to eat or drink due to health and safety reasons, and we ask that your students respect this. If unsure, please ask any University staff member who is organising the event.
- We also ask visitors to adhere to our health and safety regulations. If the University feels there is unreasonable behaviour from your students, the taster session may be stopped or cancelled.
- We ask all students and staff on campus to be respectful, polite and considerate of others around them, avoiding any use of offensive language.
- We may ask students and staff to complete a post-evaluation form at the end of the session to help us improve future sessions. There will also be the chance for students to provide contact details so we can keep in touch about future events and activities at the University. More information can be found in our Prospective Students and Applicants Privacy Notice.