At Solent University we recognise the very important role that school and college staff play in the progression of students into higher education.
Our Step into Success programme of activities is aimed at Key Stages 2-4 with activities designed to get them thinking about higher education. For Key Stage 5 learners, we offer subject taster days, bespoke presentations about higher education, and more.
Schools can access any of our activities by registering as either a partner school or college, or as an account school or college. Please contact us for more information.
Thursday 16 May 2019, 9.30am - 3.30pm
Booking is now open
Aimed at careers advisers, senior management and subject tutors, this year's conference is themed around the student experience. You'll become a Solent undergraduate in what will be a fun, interactive and busy day.
You'll be able to network with like-minded people (Solent staff and students) and get the full 'student experience' by:
- touring our modern campus,
- trying out some of our courses with mini taster demos in nutrition and nursing,
- experiencing our new maritime bridge simulator, as well as make-up tutorials,
- being a newsroom journalist,
- looking into the future with a session on the Internet of Things (IoT),
- watching presentations on recent student support developments at Solent, including improvements in students' mental health support
- taking part in an employability session with a local employer.
We advise wearing comfortable walking shoes!
Complimentary refreshments, lunch and afternoon tea are provided.
Please complete all sections on the form, being sure to tell us if you need any additional mobility support, or if you have specific dietary requirements.
For further information, please email email@example.com.
Back to top