Adam has had various roles in health and fitness, working for national chain health clubs (Holmes Place PLC – bought by Virgin Active)...
Various roles in health and fitness, working for national chain health clubs (Holmes Place PLC – bought by Virgin Active) and running smaller independent gyms around north London/Middlesex area. Spent many years working as a self-employed personal trainer in Brighton. Coached weightlifting and strength and conditioning at a local weightlifting club, and coached strength and conditioning and track and field events to athletes of all ages at Brighton and Hove Athletic Club. Completed an internship and continued to work as a strength and conditioning coach and sports nutritionist at Surrey Sports Park, part of the University of Surrey.
Over the years, Adam has trained people from most walks of life, including special populations such as clients with autism, fibromyalgia, blindness, diabetes, and cancer. Adam has also coached strength and conditioning to athletes in sports ranging from triathlon, skiing, trampoline, football, rugby, American football, fencing, karate, and athletics. Adam completed his UKSCA accreditation whilst working for a year with a member of the GB Women’s Ice Hockey team, supporting her return from six weeks in hospital to become the number one woman across almost all of the GB fitness tests at National Camp. One of Adam’s proudest achievements as a coach was working with a GB paracyclist who went on to win two silver medals at the Invictus Games.
Adam is unit leader on HES024 – Physical Preparation in Sport and Exercise (Level 7/MSc), follow the link for more of Adam's teaching experience...
- Unit leader on HES024 – Physical Preparation in Sport and Exercise (Level 7/MSc).
- Unit leader on LEI448 – Applied Principles of Strength & Conditioning (Level 5).
Also teaches on the following units:
- Health fitness and programme design.
- Client testing and training.
- Fitness for sport.
- Fitness for football.
- Nutrition, obesity and weight management.
- Diet and nutrition.
Adam's areas of interest include most areas of strength and conditioning and sports nutrition...
Areas of interest include most areas of strength and conditioning and sports nutrition.
Has conducted workshops to local schools on strength, speed and agility development, written and delivered workshops on injury prevention, such as ACL risk reduction, and Olympic Weightlifting workshops.
Adam's awards include being a certified personal trainer from NSCA. Follow the link below to view more of Adam's awards...
- Accredited strength and conditioning coach – UKSCA.
- Certified strength and conditioning specialist – NSCA.
- Certified personal trainer – NSCA.
- REPs Level 4 in strength and conditioning.
- REPs Level 3 in personal training.
- Performance specialist – EXOS.
- Associate nutritionist – Association for Nutrition (UKVRN).
- Graduate nutritionist – Sport and Exercise Nutritionist Register (SENr).
- Athletics coach – UK Athletics.
Adam is currently working towards becoming a BASES Accredited sport and exercise scientist and upgrading his nutritionist certifications to full registered status.